Imagine the story you know you can write.
You have the spark of something brilliant inside. Your vision is to transform that idea into in a book publishing deal or maybe, something even bigger. You've taken the story as far as you can on your own. Still, there seems to be a missing piece.
What's holding you back?
Your stories go out on submission, but the editors and agents aren't responding. And if they do, it's either a polite dismissal or suggestion for a complete rewrite. Why? Everyone is naturally gifted at some aspect of story – whether it's heart-wrenching concepts, unforgettable characters, whip-smart dialogue, or pulse-pounding tension. But none of us is born with every tool we'll ever need, and serious writers learn to bridge those gaps through study and training. It's only when all of the pieces come together that writers begin to find success.
Our mission is to make YOUR story unstoppable.
Ready Chapter 1 is a community of professional writers preparing their stories for publication and beyond. Our members show up with a seed of something special. Together, we grow those seeds into:
- Fresh, high-concept story ideas that publishers will love
- Pitch-perfect openings
- Plot-driven narratives with razor focus and heart-stopping tension
- Complex characters facing improbable odds and impossible decisions
- Compelling story arcs with high-stakes physical and emotional consequences
Then, we take it a step farther, sharpening the tools you'll need to submit your manuscript to publishers.
- Standout elevator pitches (or log lines) that make people go "Ooh!"
- Well-developed query letters that open doors from gatekeepers
- Tips and tricks directly from editors and agents themselves